Where Is My Van?



"Where Is My Van" is a song written with Kraig Jarret Johnson on August 2012 about his misadvendture with his old dodger van.

The first version of this song was recorded on a dictaphone.

A studio version was recorded with the help of Peter Buck, and Joseph shared it freely on his website on 2012-09-06. He was just asking for a donation to bring back his van, who had been auctioned off by the city of New York for $1000.

A fundraiser concert was organised at City Winery in Manhattan on Sunday, October 21st, with special guests.

Fortunately, Joseph tracked down his Dodge and paid $5,500 to get it back, with the help of a private investigator and Jeff Lebowski’s favorite lawyer Ron Kuby.



"So after all this I got my van back!

I can’t thank y’all enough for your support and help.

It cost plenty, but I’m very happy to have my art and my gear back.

Jose (the guy who had it) drove a hard bargain (Ron calls it a sort of hold up)

and sold it all back to me for $5,500 after he paid a grand for it,

but I’m trying to keep it in perspective,

Things like this can’t be measured strictly with numbers

and the life lessons it taught were of greater value than the dollars and cents.

The main one being the support I got from all of you.

Along with the people,whom without I never would have gotten it back,

Ron, Vic, Lea, Carla, Julie, Peter, Kraig, Ehud and Spencer – THANK YOU!

The list goes on, but now I need to search this four wheel goliath for my tarot cards and try to catch new dreams.

Thanks again everyone and I hope to see you down the road.

I’ll be the one driving a van more famous than me.


much love,

Joseph"




Comments

Popular Posts