2012-09-22 - I'll Be Your Mirror, All Tomorrow's Parties Festival, New York




On Stage :

Concert with Rene Lopez on drums & Kraig Jarret Johnson on guitar.


Setlist :

travel as equals
slide away
cocaine feet
electrical storm
over the sun
where is my van? (with greg dulli)
too much to hide
i miss the zoo
daddy's on prozac
a smile that explodes
i donated myself to the mexican army


Recording :

Sadly, there's no audio recording of this event.
If I am wrong, thank you to inform me by email.










Poster :




Little interview from the festival website :

What are your most recent activities?

Just put out a double record called Redemption City which is available for free on Josepharthur.com. Also been spending time in Mexico.

How do you feel about being picked by Greg Dulli and how excited are you about playing the event?

Greg is a friend of mine but still to be picked by him is a great honor. I think he's one of the best songwriters out there and his voice is his own. ATP is a festival I've heard about for years and I know they have a history of picking great bands so of course I'm thrilled to be on it this year.

Are there any other currently confirmed bands you are excited about seeing?

All of them.

What else will be be doing whilst you are in New York for this event?

Well I live in Brooklyn and have for many years so I have the luxury of staying at home. So I'll do what I always do which is ride my bike all over town and get lost in the city's potential. Either that or try and get Greg to come over to record something.

What's your most memorable NY show (if you've played one)?

Since it's home I play here a lot but recently we opened up for the Afghan Whigs at the Bowery Ballroom which was their first show in many years. It was great to be a part of that.

If you were curating name three bands you would pick to play your event:

Leonard Cohen
Twilight Singers
Burial

What record are you currently listening to more than others?

Talk Talk - Laughing Stock

If you could pick one of your records for ATP fans to listen to, which would you chose?

I would say Redemption City as it is the newest and it's easy to get cause its free.





Comments

Popular Posts