2019-02-09 - Todos Santos Brewing, BCS Mexico


photo by Jamie Ivee Sechrist

On Stage :

Solo concert, with Peter Buck and John Paul Jones (Led Zeppelin) on some songs, in benefit for The Palapa Society of Todos Santos

Joseph wrote this on Instagram about this performance :

"Led zep
Was/is it.
JPJ joining me and Peter for I miss The Zoo
Threw me off though
I was listening to him play that bass like it was Going To California
Or Misty Mountain Hop
Or Ramble On
That life saving song that got me through my childhood.
I was listening to him play when I was supposed to be painting live!

I kinda stumbled on some lyrics at the end of the second verse. But it was ok. The spirit was there! And JPJ!
Halfway through the third verse (these are very long verses) I decided to go for the live painting anyway and busted this out in a clip.
The crowd went haywire.
My inner child flipped out at the realization that he finally was jamming with his bass hero 🦸‍♂️ The painting sold immediately after
And garnered enough to put a kid here in Todos through school for an entire year.
Moral of the story
Not all third verse slingshots are a waste of time
And JPJ
Is still the greatest of all time."


Setlist :

(Incomplete & not in order)

Crying Like A Man
Come Back World
I Miss The Zoo
Where Did You Go?
Ho' oponopono Prayer



Recording :

Sadly, there's no audio recording of this event.
If I am wrong, thank you to inform me by email.






Poster :






live painting


Comments

Popular Posts